Lip Reshaping Procedures Beverly Hills
In order to have youthful, sensual lips, we now know that shape is far more important than volume. Rather than simply requesting their lips be made bigger with fillers, increasing numbers of our patients are seeking beautification through reshaping.
Lip reshaping is customized for the patient based on her facial structure, tissue characteristics and aesthetic expectations. Lip reshaping can involve one or a combination of procedures done either at the same time or in sequence. It also offers the distinct advantage of being a permanent solution.
Lip reshaping procedures fall in the falling categories:
Lip surgery is one of Dr. Randal Haworth's specialties. In fact, he is one of the premier pioneers of lip shaping procedures, having performed his techniques on thousands of patients around the world.
As our faces age, so do our lips. The oral region tends to droop and sag just as faces and breasts do. Volume loss is only part of the explanation for this phenomenon; the main culprit is a degradement of the structure of the skin and its supporting tissue.
Characteristics of Youthful Lips:
- Plump contour with 4-5mm teeth showing when the mouth is at rest
- Width of the lips as measured from corner-to-corner is no more than double the width of the nostrils
- The thickness or height of the middle aspects of the lower lip is twice to thrice of the corresponding area of the upper lip
- Proportional distance between upper lip and nostrils
- Corners that slightly turn up naturally
- Firm lower lip with plump pout confined to the center third to half of the lip only
- Precise definition between vermillion border and the smooth surrounding skin around the mouth ("white roll" or labial ledge)